Start your day off right with this heart healthy and omega rich cereal! The thing about most cereal found in grocery stores is that it’s heated to such high temperatures that any nutrition the ingredients had gets cooked out. Even worse, most cereals are full of sugar, which won’t sustain your energy and quickly turns to fat. Whatever you’re eating for breakfast, it’s important that you’re getting nutrients and energy you need to function at optimal levels.
I whipped up a little alternative that’s chock full of omega-3 and 6 (for brain support, cholesterol and heart health), vitamin c (to strengthen your immune system), and fiber (to normalize bowel movements and control blood sugar levels). It’s filling, non-processed, and an excellent way to start your day.
1 tbsp Chia seeds
1 tbsp Flaxseed (ground)
2 tbsp Hemp seeds
½ tsp organic Camu Camu powder
Chop almonds and walnuts until they’re small, then mix in the rest of the ingredients and enjoy with whichever milk you like. I love the stevia sweetened vanilla coconut milk by SODelicious because it adds a little bit of sweetness without any sugar. You can always add honey as a warming and grounding sweetener, or berries and bananas.
Almonds and walnuts
- Promote heart health
- Excellent sources of omega-3, which helps to keep bad cholesterol down and reduce inflammation, the source of the majority of illnesses today
- Provide the perfect ratio of omega-3 to omega-6
- Have all 9 amino acids
- Are rich in digestible protein
- Flavorful and tasty
- Absorb water very easily (9-10x their weight) resulting in prolonged hydration and retention of electrolytes
- Great source of protein, iron, and calcium
- High fiber content lowering blood sugar and promotes proper functioning of the intestines
- High in antioxidants
- Promotes hormonal balance in women
Organic Camu Camu powder
- Vitamin C powerhouse, which protects your nervous system and promotes peak mental function
- Enhances mood and energy levels