Vitamin D is an important hormone for the functioning of all organs, maintaining a healthy weight and keeping our bones strong, but the brain in particular needs it to perform at its peak and provide our bodies with the energy needed. Mushrooms are a great source of it since they, like humans, produce the stuff when exposed to sunlight. For a filling and delicious meal, try this recipe!
- 3 portobello mushrooms
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Clean mushrooms and remove stems, reserve for other use. Place caps on a plate with the gills up.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, onion, garlic and vinegar. Pour mixture evenly over the mushroom caps and let stand for 1 hour.
- Grill over hot grill for 10 minutes. Serve immediately